The peppermint plant is a hybrid of watermint and spearmint and was first described by Carl Linneaus in 1753. A high menthol content—like that found in the
dōTERRA Peppermint essential oil—distinguishes the best quality Peppermint from other products. Frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gum for oral hygiene, Peppermint also helps alleviate occasional stomach upset and promotes healthy respiratory function when taken internally.* Peppermint continues to be one of the bestselling favourites among dōTERRA essential oils.
Plant Part: Leaf/Stem
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Minty, fresh, herbaceous
Main Chemical Components: Menthol,
• When ingested, promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing*
• Promotes digestive health when taken internally*
• Repels bugs naturally
• Use a drop of Peppermint with Lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
• Take one to two drops in a Veggie Capsule to help alleviate occasional stomach upset.*
• Add a drop to your favourite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
• Place one drop in palm of the hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a midday pick-me-up.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.