Spearmint is a perennial plant that grows to 1 metre tall and flourishes in temperate climates. It is widely used in gums, candies, and dental products for its minty taste, and to promote fresh breath. Spearmint has been used for centuries for its digestive benefits. Its sweet, refreshing aroma is cleansing and uplifting, making it ideal to evoke a sense of focus and positive mood.
Spearmint is very different from Peppermint, making it a milder option to use on children and those with sensitive skin.
Plant Part: Plant
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Sweet, minty, fresh
Main Chemical Components: Carvone, limonene, 1, 8-cineole, β-myrcene
- Apply topically to promote healthy digestion
- Promotes a sense of focus and uplifts mood
- Cleanses the mouth and promotes fresh breath
- Massage over the heart, on the soles of the feet, or on the back of the neck during times of stress and tension.
- Add to lotion or coconut oil and apply to skin for a pleasantly soothing experience.
- Apply to toothbrush before brushing teeth for fresh breath
- For a boost of confidence, diffuse a few drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- To help keep away insects, add a drop to the shower for a refreshing aroma.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children.
If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.